Dates, dates, dates. As soccer team manager, you’ve got to know them. Whether it’s tournament registration cut-offs or team application deadlines, submitting paperwork on time is a crucial first step in literally getting on the field. Your soccer team can’t play in the league or at tournaments if you don’t get this step right. In many ways, this is the most important part of your job as team manager.
As soon as possible, get in touch with your league, find out the important dates, and put them on your calendar. While there is variance across leagues, here are a few general important dates to know:
- Team registration deadline
- Player registration deadline
- Tournament entry deadlines
- Birthdate cutoffs for players
- Dates and times of practices and games